Monday

Outdoor Workouts Get You Ripped for Summer; Special Mangoes

It's Mike again from TruthAboutAbs.com with more tips for a lean healthy body for life.

Just a quick couple of tips today to help get you started on your summer beach body. With summer right around the corner here in the US, the weather is starting to warm up and people are flocking outside after being cooped up all winter.

Now that it's getting nice outside, why not take some of your workouts outdoors, instead of the stuffy old gym? Your workouts also don't have to be long drawn-out 2-hour events in order to get a great metabolism boosting, muscle sculpting workout.

Here's an idea for an outdoor workout that literally takes me 10-15 minutes, but has me drenched in sweat and pumped up by the end...

There's a little playground and a softball field at the end of my road. So on a nice day, if I decide I just want to get a real quick outdoor workout in, I run over to the field, spend a couple minutes limbering up, and then... depending on how I feel, do about 10-15 minutes of the following exercises with almost no rest in between:
  • 50, 75, or 100-yard wind sprints
  • pushup variations
  • walking lunge variations
  • bodyweight squat variations
  • box jump, squat jump, or lunge jump variations
  • pullups on the playground monkey bars
  • mountain climbers on ground
Sometimes I'll rotate through all of these exercises and sometimes I'll just pick a couple of them and just keep alternating. Whatever I choose, I keep the intensity as high as I can to really maximize the time that I'm out there. Believe me, if you do this at a high speed clip, you'll get a killer workout in as little as 10-15 minutes, and then you can get back home and get on with your life.

Even if you're not in super shape right now, you can just take it at a little lower intensity to ease yourself into it. It's worth it! Working out in the outdoors and breathing in the fresh air definitely has a stimulating effect, and some studies I've seen have indicated that you possibly burn more calories exercising outdoors compared to indoors. So give it a try!

"I Need My Mangoes!"

Do you happen to know what character made that quote from a certain 90's sitcom? He's my favorite sitcom character of all time! You guessed it...my man Kramer.

Alright, why am I talking about mangoes? Yellow or "champagne" mangoes, that is... and they are the best thing I've found in years!

The only reason I mentioned yellow mangoes in this post is just to let you know about these healthy delicious little treasures that I've discovered. I don't know if they are available in your local grocery stores or organic markets, but I've found them at several stores near me, and these things rock big time!

Yellow mangoes are smaller than normal mangoes, easier to peel and eat, sweeter than normal mangoes, and chock full of nutrition! The yellow mangoes that I've seen all seem to come from Mexico, and I only see them available usually between April and June, so I'm assuming that's when they are in season in Mexico.

If you can find them in your local stores, give them a try...they are definitely my new favorite fruit! Just be sure to let them fully ripen for max sweetness...wait until they are soft and the skin just slightly starts to wrinkle.

That's all for today, Mike. I'll be back soon with more Lean-Body Fitness Secrets.

Stay Lean,

Mike Geary
TruthAboutAbs.com